Special Events & Exhibits
Sponsorship of The Edisto Island Historic Preservation Society Contest – April 20th – October 12th
Yes! I want to be a special sponsor of EIHPS and have an opportunity to receive one of four prizes:
- 4 guest double-room passes at any Doubletree Hotel worldwise (www.doubletree.hilton.com) – Passes may be used consecutively at one hotel or individually at several hotels, and are good for one year after the award.
- Limited edition North American Repilcation Lovelock Cave decoy created by master craftsman Tom Boozer
- Collection of fine arts books pertaining to Edisto Island and the Lowcountry
- Giclee of “Turtles in the Surf” by artist Bonnie Lee with framing by Debbie Grier
Sponsorships may be purchased for a $10 donation to EIHPS, with no limit on how many you may buy. 2,000 will be sold, and a drawing will be held for the winning sponsorships at 5:00 p.m. on October 12th. You do not need to be present for the drawing and will be notified by email or telephone if you win. Click on “shop” to purchase sponsorships.
Edisto Island Art Guild Exhibit – June 17th – September 3rd
Creekside Pig Pickin’ - Friday, October 11th
Join us down by the creek for beer, wine, barbeque, wonderful sides and desserts. 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. on the night before the popular Edisto & Beyond Tour. 8751 Peter’s Point Road. Tickets are $35 each, are limited and may be purchased either on our website (“shop”) or in the Museum Gift Shop. You do not have to purchase tour tickets to be able to buy tickets for this event.
2013 Edisto & Beyond Annual Tour of Historic Plantations, Churches and Graveyards
The tour will take place on Saturday, October 12th, from 10:00 until 5:00. Tickets are $45 each and will go on sale for a one-month period to EIHPS members only, beginning on Wednesday, July 10th. Ticket order forms will be mailed out at the end of June. If there are any remaining tickets, they will go on sale to the public on August 7th. The tour takes place rain or shine, and tickets are non-refundable.
Featured properties include:
- Crawford Plantation
- The Presbyterian Manse
- Hepzibah’s Tabby Oven Ruins
- Oak Lawn Plantation (Adam’s Run)
- Frogmore Plantation (grounds only)
- Tivoli Beach House
- The Historic Graveyard of the Presbyterian Church (in-depth history for the first-time ever)
- Trinity Church
- The Presbyterian Church on Edisto Island
- New First Baptist Church
- Zion Church
- Christ Church (Adam’s Run)